OSA Higher Education
OSA – Higher Education (OHE) is an intellectual endeavor by OSA (Orissa Society of the Americas) to promote higher education, collaborative research, training and other programs of mutual interest and benefits between Odisha Universities and North American Universities/Institutions.
At present, the OSA Higher Education Committee has ten members who are highly committed towards achieving the goals.
Click here for the OSA-HE Contact Information.
- Helping students from Odisha Universities/Institutes for higher studies in US/Canada.
- Establish specific student/faculty exchange program between Universities in US/Canada & Odisha.
- MoU & tangible next steps between Odisha & US/Canada Universities for collaborative research, joint study program etc. for mutual benefit.
The 1st OSA Higher Education Open House was held at Ravenshaw University, Cuttack on December 18th, 2012 organized by OSA, hosted by Ravenshaw University with support of Higher Education, Govt. of Odisha & NROFC (NRO Facilitation Center). The Open House was open to all students, faculties & research community of the state. Effort & publicity was made and get state wide participation with active support from Higher Education Department.
The event was supported by representatives from following US Universities:
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- University of California, Santa Cruz, CA
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- Miles College, Birmingham, AL
Approximately 200 students and 20 faculty members (primarily from Ravenshaw University) participated in this event. There were few faculties and students from other nearby university/institutes also participated. Sambalpur University was represented by Vice Chancellor Prof. Bishnu Charan Barik.
The focus of the Symposium was:
- Enable networking and foster personal relationship among stake holders for mutual benefit of higher education program in Odisha & US universities
- Establish specific student/faculty exchange program between universities in US & Odisha –undergraduate and graduate programs
- Future visit by US universities to Odisha to attract students for higher studies in US and set up study abroad programs
- MoU & tangible next steps between Odisha & US universities for collaborative research, joint study program etc. for mutual benefit
- Workshop on Higher Education & Research Opportunities in North American Universities at Utkal University, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar (Dec 2011)
The objective of this workshop was primarily for information sharing on potential opportunities for higher studies and research in North American Universities. The presentation and discussion covered various aspects such as:
- Applying for MS/PhD Programs at various Universities – Requirements and Procedures
- Cost & Opportunities for Scholarship/Assistantship
- Collaborative Research & Visiting Faculty Opportunities
- Collaborative Research Grant Opportunities
- Post Academic Opportunities in North America after Higher Study
- Provide higher education opportunity through website
- Provide books like Peterson Guide to institute/Universities
- Plan/facility to be created at local university/institute led by some faculty members to make students aware of higher study opportunities and help them in their initiative on a regular basis.
- Organize Open House program at different locations in the state.
- Encourage more faculty involvement from USA and Canada
- OSA Distinguished Scholars Program
eBooK has following information
- Graduate study programs in US/Canada Universities link
- Graduate study program and scholarship opportunity in US Universities.
- Link to Peterson guide
- FFE scholarship opportunity
- Faculty & Non-Resident Odia Contact Information
- Student Feedback Form Coming up soon !!!!!